Title: Arborist Ground Person
Hilton Head, SC
Date Listed: 5/23/2019
Hire Type: Regular Full-Time
What are you looking for in an arboricultural career? Do you want to make a lasting impact? Gain an expertise via access to breakthrough research and development? Or would you like to advance as far as your hard work and ambitions will take you? Bartlett Tree Experts offers all of that - and more. As the oldest, largest, and premier scientific tree and shrub care company in the world, our people thrive in a safety-first, entrepreneurial, promote-from-within environment. Join our family-owned company - and make our next success story your own.
- Assist with the implementation of work zone safety procedures such as the placement of cones and signs, and the provision of flagging services
- Assist climbers and crew leaders working on the ground and aloft
- Operate and maintain chippers, chainsaws, and all other equipment safely
- Assist with driving, backing, dumping, and parking duties
- Learn and demonstrate high safety standards, sound tree risk assessment skills, equipment inspection skills, proper pruning and rigging skills, and implementation of tree felling procedures
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the Crew Leader or designated supervisor, Arborist Representative, or Local Manager
- Interest in working outdoors year round performing manual labor in all weather conditions
- Valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, Environmental Science or a related field OR prior experience working in the tree care industry is preferred but not required
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
To submit your résumé, you can do the following:
Working at Bartlett
Want to know what it's like to work at Bartlett Tree Experts in this position? Hear directly about the job from one of our champions and find out for yourself.