Title: Arborist Plant Health Care Specialist
If you enjoy working outdoors in a professional and safe environment, consider a career with Bartlett Tree Experts! At Bartlett, we value a strong culture of excellence in safety, scientific research, lifelong learning, and career development.
We are seeking experienced Plant Health Care Specialists who are ambitious self-starters that have a passion for preserving and caring for trees. This position will focus on monitoring, evaluating, and providing the plant health care needs of trees and shrubs on commercial and residential properties.
To ensure your success, we provide hands-on training provided by Bartlett's dedicated team of arborists. As a Plant Health Care Specialist, you will play an important role in:
- Performing tree and shrub care treatments using spray, tree injection, and soil injection tools as prescribed by the Arborist Representative
- Communicating with clients regarding work performed during site visits
- Mixing and applying pesticides and fertilizers to trees and shrubs according to diagnosis, safety procedures, label instructions, and state laws
- Properly maintaining and operating equipment and vehicles (hand tools, spray agitators, portable spray equipment, and other machinery)
- Completing accurate record-keeping and reporting daily
- Safely driving a company vehicle to multiple properties throughout the day
- Working as a member of a tree care crew, under the Arborist Crew Leader's supervision during the off-season
- A passion for nature, the environment, and the outdoors
- Ability to pass a criminal background check
- Interest in working outdoors year-round in all weather conditions
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Pesticide Applicator License – We will pay for the cost of the exam and help you prepare!
- Valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record
- Learn to identify trees and shrubs common to the region
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Turfgrass, Environmental Science, Plant Science, Outdoor Recreation, Agriculture or a related field OR prior experience working in landscaping or horticulture is preferred but not required
The F. A. Bartlett Tree Expert Company is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
We offer competitive compensation, as well as:
- A safety-first culture and professional workplace
- Advancement opportunities - we promote from within
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid time off and holidays
- Industry credential/license pay increases - we encourage and invest in your professional development
- Company provided uniforms, PPE, gear, and equipment
- Boot reimbursement up to $150
- Access to training, continuing education programs, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories in Charlotte, NC
To find out more about what life is like at Bartlett, check us out on Instagram @LifeatBartlett.