Title: Plant Health Care Specialist
For over 100 years, Bartlett Tree Experts has been providing residential and commercial property owners science-based solutions and expert care for trees and shrubs. Our growing 1,600-person team encompasses highly skilled, knowledgeable professionals, who are dedicated to delivering quality service. We are continually recognized as an industry leader, with a safety record that is unsurpassed in the arboricultural profession.
We are seeking experienced Plant Health Care Specialists who are ambitious self-starters, that have a passion for preserving and caring for trees. This position will involve monitoring, evaluating, and providing the plant health care needs of trees and shrubs on commercial and residential properties.
- Qualifications & Responsibilities
- Degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Management, or a related field OR prior experience working in the tree care or landscaping industry is preferred but not required
- Understanding of species-specific insect, disease, and cultural tending practices
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor and work in all weather conditions and seasons
- Commercial Pesticide Applicator License
- Valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Perform all functions of the integrated pest management program, including administration, scheduling, inspections, sampling, treatments, inventories, equipment maintenance, record keeping, report writing, and customer relations
- Monitor, diagnose, and treat insect, disease, and cultural conditions of trees and shrubs
- Effectively operate, calibrate, and maintain equipment
- Work as a member of a tree crew, under the Crew Leader’s supervision during the off-season
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the Crew Leader or designated supervisor, Arborist Representative, or Local Manager
Bartlett Tree Experts offers competitive compensation, medical and dental benefits, 401K, life insurance, flexible spending account, and paid vacation and holidays. Employees have access to continuing education programs, professional development training materials, and a variety of resources provided by the Bartlett Tree Experts Research Laboratories.
Bartlett Tree Experts is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To submit your résumé, you can do any of the following:
- Apply online
- Fax your résumé to 203-323-3631