Whether their leaves just aren't as green as they used to be, you've spotted caterpillars munching foliage, or you've noticed the development of some unsightly fungus, when you see a problem with a tree or shrub on your property, you want to know the cause — and the best way to treat it. This is one of the major reasons customers initially contact us, and for good reason.
Bartlett arborists excel in analyzing and identifying plant healthcare issues. Our local arborists receive ongoing training on the latest problems and treatment techniques. They also have the support of the diagnostic facilities at our Bartlett Tree Research Laboratories, a benefit that just is not available elsewhere. The Plant Diagnostic Clinic at our Research Laboratories analyzes more than 20,000 plant and soil samples each year to ensure accurate diagnosis and treatment programs for our clients. Whether your plant has a common insect infestation, a soil deficiency, or a tree disease completely new to your area, it can be appropriately identified and addressed.
- Plant identification
- Insect/arthropod identification
- Plant health and problem assessments
- Plant tissue analysis for disease and disorders
- Tree structure evaluations
- Soil nutrient, pH, and organic matter analysis
- Soil drainage assessments
- Soil density analysis (soil compaction)
Bartlett Tree Research Lab
Each year, our diagnostic clinic receives more than 2,000 plant samples for analysis for insect pests, diseases, and cultural and environmental problems. Find out more about this unique element of our technical support resources.
We specialize in a variety of services. Our aim is to deliver the top level of customer service based on your requests.
- It looks like my giant sequoia is dying! It’s about 25 years old and 40 feet tall. It looks like 80% of the healthy thick dark bark is missing, leaving a bright tan sort of fuzzy wood. What is left looks like it’s dry rotting. I don’t see any insects. I’d love to find a way to treat it if possible. Might you be able to diagnose this severe bark loss?
- We have an upright red Japanese Maple, and it has dead branches on it after winter frost damage. How can I promote new shoots from the tree?
- We recently had our maple tree pruned. It now has spots all over the leaves. Can you tell me what is causing this and what treatment options there are?