Title: Arborist Climber Trainee
Date Listed: 05/22/2017
Application Deadline: 08/31/2017
Reports to: Crew Leader
Career Growth : Are you searching for a profession that takes you outside of the typical office environment? Join one of leading companies in the tree care industry that allows you to thrive in a safety-first, promote-from-within environment.
Bartlett Tree Experts is currently searching for entry-level Climbers to join the team. We offer year-round employment and provide on-the-job-training and educational opportunities that are unparalleled in the industry.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on a tree crew as a Ground Person OR a 2/4 year degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture or a related field.
Candidates who enjoy rock climbing will also be considered.
*Upon Learning To Climb Safely*
- Performs all required ground, climbing, and aerial lift duties in support of specific job assignments, as directed by crew leader or designated supervisor
- Assists with the implementation of work zone safety procedures such as the placement of cones and signs, and the provision of flagging services
- Assists with the implementation of tree felling procedures
- Assists climbers and crew leaders working on the ground and aloft
- Learns to identify the basic trees and shrubs common to the service area
- Assists in conducting a tree risk assessment prior to working on any tree
- Operates the chipper and all other equipment safely
- Learns and practices proper pruning, rigging techniques and climbing techniques and procedures
- Assists with driving, backing, dumping, and parking duties
- Participates in all safety training sessions offered, asks questions, and improves job safety skills
- Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the crew leader or designated supervisor, arborist representative, or local manager
Medical/Dental, Flexible spending, 401K Match, Thrift Savings Account
To submit your résumé, you can do any of the following:
- Apply online
- Fax your résumé to 203-323-3631