Title: Arboriculture Internship 2018
COMPANY OVERVIEW :
Looking for a company that can take you places? You’ve found it. Bartlett Tree Experts has become the premier scientific tree and shrub care company through groundbreaking research and development. Here, people thrive in a safety-first, entrepreneurial, promote-from-within environment.
Many of our management and sales staff began as interns and became full-time employees after graduation. Now is your chance to join our talented team as a Professional Intern and realize your most ambitious goals as you grow right along with us.
- WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- KEY QUALIFICATIONS
Our 8-12 week paid internships are designed to challenge students to learn and prosper in the arboriculture field, while being mentored by the best minds in the industry. Our services involve multiple disciplines, professional and field skills and the application of Bartlett Science to tree care and management. At the heart of our success, you’ll find our 350-acre Research Facility and Training Center in Charlotte, NC, which offers our people unrivaled training and development. Interns will have access to the resources at the lab and will have the opportunity to interact with lab personnel.
- History | Understanding of tree species and the evolutionary and ecological relationships among them, historical significance, and the utility of uses of the species
- Culture | Understanding the species-specific tolerance of soils and nutrients and the functions of the soil management program including soil sampling, prescription fertilization treatments, and root invigoration
- Concerns | Understanding the functions of the integrated pest management program including inspections, insect and disease management, sampling, treatments, equipment maintenance, and client relations
- Management | Understanding client needs and how to develop a species-specific needs assessment, management plan, and contract. Participate in safety and training meetings and develop professional relationships and friendships
- The ideal candidate will be actively enrolled at a two or four-year University pursuing a degree in Arboriculture, Forestry, Horticulture, Plant Science, Landscape Design, or a related field
To submit your résumé, you can do any of the following:
- Apply online
- Fax your résumé to (203) 323-5690