Must have ISA Certification and 4 year degree in Forestry or related field to qualify
Reports to: Bartlett Inventory Solutions (BIS) Manager
Qualifications: Experience in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Trimble Global
Positioning (GPS) System hardware and software. Candidate must have experience in tree
identification, arboricultural assessment, and strong written and verbal skills
Preferred: B.S in Arboriculture, Forestry, Geography, or Horticulture with an emphasis in
Geographical Information Systems
Primary Functions: Inventory Arborist will perform all inventories following established BIS protocols to insure quality, expertise and consistency on the team. This necessitates a close working relationship with and accountability to the BIS manager and team. Individual must be able to work as part of the BIS team while also functioning on an individual basis.
· Learns, understands, and adheres to all safety rules and company safety policies
· Reports for duty at the designated location on time each day
· Ability to work in remote locations 100-150 days per year
· Willing to travel to any of the Bartlett operating areas throughout North America
· Participates in all safety training sessions offered, asks questions, and improves job safety skills
· Assist with sales consultations, prospecting with local Arborists reps working in conjunction with BIS Charlotte to deliver and assist in selling inventory work
· Have the ability to collect tree attributes including the assessment of tree health, vigor and structure
· Prepare management plan, using Microsoft, ESRI, Trimble software
· Become proficient with Bartlett’s ArborScope™ web application
· Be able to educate Bartlett personnel and clientele about tree inventories and associated hardware and software
· Communicates well with team members, Arborist-Representative, and client
· Follows directions from B.I.S. Manager and Arborist-Representative
· Interacts regularly with clientele in order to ensure job satisfaction
· Strives to improve job skills and develop professionally.
· Responsible for carrying out other duties as assigned by the crew leader or designated supervisor.